Wednesday, April 9, 2008

On My Homeless Guy Analogy

Post by: Travis

How do you presume to know that he needed food more than a cigarette at that particular time? I loved your illustration, but you forgot one thing.... The moral man, and presumably the Christian as well should have made your same decision. He feeds the homeless person and feels good, using after tax dollars. The man in the suit has already handed him your pre tax dollars and therefore we have a fat, smoking, unemployed ward of the state who will cost you many, many creamy delicious Marble Slab ice cream cups in the future with un payable medical expenses and hospital stays.

Well I agree that I cannot presume to KNOW what he needs more, but I can presume to know what I am willing to support. Cigarettes are not a charity I support, just as I would not donate to my local Al Quida recruiting office.

No comments: